Saturday, March 13, 2010

Couldn't Have Done It Without Ya

 It can be a little overwhelming when trying to decide what items you need and don't need when preparing for your little one. One step into Babies R Us is enough to make you weak in the knees. Besides the necessities like diapers, wipes, onesies, socks, blankets...what else do you need? Here are some of the the things I really dont think I would have survived without:



Fisher Price My Little Lamb Cradle and Swing


Best swing ever! It was the only place my son would sleep for the first couple of weeks. It is made of a nice soft plush fabric, swings back and forth as well as side to side, has 6 different speeds, plays music and has a mobile with a mirror that babies seem to love. I also love the fact that the whole cover comes off easily and is machine washable. I dont know if I would have been able sleep a wink those first couple of weeks if it weren't for this life saving swing.

Sleepy Wrap

When my son wasn't sleeping he liked to be held. Gotta love those first couple of weeks! Since I obviously couldn't hold him and get anything done I turned to my Sleepy Wrap.  If your looking for a wrap that is both comfy for you and your little one, look no further.  This wrap can be used for a preemie all the way up until you can no longer wear your baby. There really isn't a weight limit. Check out Sleepy Wrap's site for details.


Bravados Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra


Ladies if your nursing PLEASE invest in this bra. It is the most comfortable nursing bra I have found. It fits like a glove and it is the only bra I wear while I am nursing. It is a little pricey but as the saying goes - you are definitely getting what you pay for!


Kiddopotumus SwaddleMe


Babies love to be swaddled, my son was no exception. Once he got sick of the swing this was the only way he would sleep at night. Yes it kind of looks like a baby straight jacket but it works, I promise. This takes all the guess work out of swaddling. I don't know about you but I could NEVER get a swaddle blanket to actually stay wrapped. Just make sure you have a couple on hand because you definitely don't want to go a night without one!

Boppy Pillow
This simple pillow has so many uses! I used a Boppy with my daughter back in 2001 and with my son now. The Boppy helped me with positioning when I breastfed both my children, is a great place to just lay them on so they can chill out, is good for propping up for tummy time and can be used as cushioning by putting it around your baby when they are starting to sit. You can also purchase a slipcover (as show in the picture) that is removable and machine washable. This is one of those products that you will use everyday!

 And not to be cheesy, you really also need a couple of things that money cannot buy. Love and patience. The first couple of weeks with a new baby are rough. You are adjusting to taking care of this precious gift, with little or no sleep. It doesn't matter what items you posses if you do not have love and patience!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment